The weather is finally starting to cool down here in Northern California, school's back in session for everyone, and it's feeling a bit more like fall as each day passes.
Fall is one of my favorite times of the year around Sacramento and Davis... pumpkin patch field trips with the kids, the City of Trees in full color, warm apple cider, and the Davis Farmers Market Picnic in the Park for one more full month (they end the Wednesday evening picnic component at the end of October).
Below is a list of family friendly events in the Davis and Sacramento area for September:
- Saturday 9/15 11am-1pm: Boy's Bakery Pop-up and Unravel Pediatric Cancer Fundraiser at The Kitchen Table. Fika, or coffee break in Sweden, is more than just a coffee break. And Joe's fika buns are more than just sweet buns. But make sure to get there right at 11am (or before) becuase they inevitable sell out! And Ashley Newell will be there from 11-1 collecting donations and matching them 200%. The Kitchen Table will also be donating a portion of sales all day to Unravel Pediatric Cancer.
- Saturday 9/15 5:30-9:30pm: Autumn Equinox Celebration at Soil Born Farms, featuring local chefs, restaurants, bakeries, wineries and breweries that have been trailblazers in Sacramento’s local food movement. Tickets are $75 per person and the event is a fundraiser for the farm.
- Saturday 9/15 7:40pm: Davis Movies in the Park featuring Coco. Bring a blanket and/or chairs and enjoy a free family-friendly movie at Davis Central Park.
- Friday 9/21 5-9pm: Fully Belly Farm's last Pizza Night of 2018! Full Belly Farm bakes pizzas up in their wood-fired pizza oven, along with side salads and farm fresh ice cream. No reservations are necessary – and if all of the tables are taken, you can always bring a blanket and picnic on our beautiful lawn!
- Saturday 9/22 9am or 1pm: If you have older children, or children who love chocolate, then you may want to attend Ginger Elizabeth's Chocolate for Breakfast class! While not little kid-friendly, the whole family will love what you learn in this class, including Deep Fried Brioche Doughnuts filled with Chocolate Pudding and Churros and Hot Chocolate.
- Saturday 9/22 4-9pm: The Capay Crush Festival, at Farm Fresh to You, includes wine tasting, food, grape stomping and more! This is a family-friendly event and includes farm fun like tractor rides, live music and dancing. Guests are encouraged to bring picnic essentials such as blankets and tasting glasses. Tickets are $20 for adults and children under 12 are free.
- Saturday 9/22 7:30pm: Davis Movies in the Park featuring Star Wars, The Last Jedi. Bring a blanket and/or chairs and enjoy a free family-friendly movie at Davis Central Park.
- Saturday 9/29 11am-6pm: Sacramento's Farm to Fork Festival, featuring live music, food, beer/wine, cooking demonstrations and kids' activities.
- Saturday 9/29 1-4pm: The Davis Village Feast will take place at Central Park and benefits Davis Farm to School. The Feast is modeled after the grand aiolis in Provence, France. Bring your plate, cup and utensils as this is a zero-waste event! All proceeds go to benefit the Davis Farm to School program.
- Saturday 9/29 and Sunday 9/30 10am-4pm: The Children's Book Festival, at Fairy Tale Town, is the largest early childhood literacy event in the Sacramento Region. This is a FREE event and includes admission into Fairy Tale Town. Authors and illustrators will be reading and signing their books.